Tuesday, June 19, 2012

(BGV) Second day in Portland


June 15th Second Day in Portland



It was 8am and the fire alarm was going off. Fire Alarm after the first night here in Portland. Well that was something. I thought of it as a “Rude Awakening.” Many of the guests in Hyatt Place Hotel were standing outside because of the fire alarm. After it stopped, we went back inside. We got ourselves dressed up for today’s event, went down into the Lobby to Meet with our friends the Leffews, few other folks and we just talked for a while. We then got ready to head out, I got into Matt’s car, two Matthews were up in front again, Jay and Selena were in the back with me. We reached downtown in Portland, went into Mother’s bistro & Bar, which is a small restaurant. I had myself Crunchy French Toast, which was superb. There were so many folks in our group that I don’t know most of them yet. After our little breakfast, we went out walking, just taking in the sights of Portland.

We stopped at a Powell’s Bookstore, which is a new and used book store, it’s very big and it has so many books, including LGBT friendly books. If I were to, I would have stayed there for days just to know every book there is in there. Some people in our group had bought themselves a book or two, but I didn’t find anything I want so far. I’m more of a careful observer; I wanted to know that the book I’m buying is worth my money. I used to be an overly compulsive spender, but not anymore.

After the Bookstore, we went down to where there were rows upon rows of food-stands. I was so curious and yet I was hungry. We hadn’t eaten for hours since our last breakfast. Some people in our group bought their food at a different food-stand. Me, Jay, Selena and some others got some from Beijing House stand. We ate at a park. Then after we’re finished, we walked down to a church which was going to show “Right to love: An American family.” I was so eager to see it finally.



After the showing, Jay and Bryan stood up at the stage, gave their speech and answered some questions. After that, we mingled around in the large room, I was glad to have met Steward and Rick, who were holding a BBQ the next day, and some folks who went to see the showing.

After mingling with several nice folks, we sent Selena and Daniel back to the Hotel with Wolfy and Quincey to watch them. I and Matthew had to put our bags and our camera in the car because we were going to the bar and we’re not allowed to carry those.

In the bar, CC Slaughters, it was loud, dark and so crowded. It is a gay bar, which happens to be the first time I’ve ever been to one. We stuck together and just enjoyed dancing. Well, I danced alone. (Sobbing) So many of them were drinking, but I never drink, but I got a soda. After watching so many people dance and even kiss each other, we went to a quieter bar.

I was given another soda, while the rest wanted some alcohol. Jay had asked to get water, but the drink he got was Vodka and Club Soda.  I was asked to take a sip, so I sipped it. I didn’t like it and I really didn’t want to drink it again.

It was about 2am in the morning, we were walking back to the garage parking lot where we parked the cars. There have been some homeless folks sleeping at the front of the door to some shops. Jay and some others had decided to buy some pizza, Bryan, being so generous, bought me one.

We returned to the Hotel and went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment