Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Bigots whining about being called a bigot


Bigots whining about being called a bigot





Oh how sad, bigots being called *GASP* bigots. Oh woe is us. Ok, if you don’t want to be called a bigot or a hater, maybe you should stop hating on people. I guess it must be really difficult to accept that people will respond to you in disagreement.



“They’ll call us bigots when we express our opinions of them.”



If I say something that is offensive or completely untrue about you, wouldn’t you stand up and say something? That is what this is about. You can dislike gay people all you want, but don’t expect us to stand by idly while you call gay people horrible names or make assumptions that isn’t backed up by evidence.



“They’re the ones calling us names.”



Oh, so it’s ok for you to call gay people f***ots or perverts, but it’s not ok for us to say you’re a hateful person or a bigot? Being called a bigot isn’t worse than being called a mean person. Being called f*gs or N*gg*rs is a lot worse and is never nice. It sounds to me that you can dish it out, but you can’t take it. Do you think that the first amendment means, “I can say whatever I want, but you can’t say anything back to me or prove me wrong?” Do you honestly think that you’re above criticism?



“It’s a freedom of speech.”



Yes it is a freedom of speech, but it does not mean that you’re free from criticism. We too have the freedom to criticize you and to prove you wrong. You may express your hatred of anyone or express your opinion, but it doesn’t mean you’re above criticism, as I say earlier.



“You can’t say anything without being called a bigot.”



Not quite true. You can say you don’t feel comfortable with gay people or that you don’t agree with the idea of marriage, but when you try to dehumanize people or keep them from having equality as others, then you’re going to have a problem. You may hate hornets, but if you bother them, do you complain about getting stung?



“I just talk about why the bible says it’s wrong just like with adultery, etc.”



That is fine, but that doesn’t mean it’s a fact or that no one should prove you wrong. If you have came to me and said, “The bible said that we should make women be silent, so they should be silent,” do you think I should accept it and be silent? I for one do not agree and will point out why I don’t agree. Also, when you feel that I am wrong about something, you’re free to point it out to me and we shall discuss this. I won’t whine and complain, “Oh woe is me, I’m being criticized, I’m just stating what I think so I should be above criticism.”

No comments:

Post a Comment