Sunday, February 26, 2012

I CAN NO LONGER STAND IT (Poem)


LGBT Suicide poem





I CAN NO LONGER STAND IT





(Sad poem)



(A/N: This is not me saying this; this reflects the bullied victims, especially children who are gay, bisexual, transgender, and straight kids who were thought to be gay)



No longer can I stand this

Your words cuts me deep

But it’s not just words

But how you treated me



I told my parents about you

They told me to suck it up

I told my school

They told me that boys will be boys

I can no longer stand it



I hope someone reads this

I hope they know what you did

You slammed my head in the locker

You said horrible things to me

I can no longer stand this



I was hoping this would stop

But every day was just the same

You find ways to hurt me more

I can never understand why



I heard that it’s the rite of passage

I must have deserved this pain

I hate myself thanks to you

I can no longer stand this



To my mom

I am sorry I have to do this

You said I should do my battles

But I am alone and there are many

I can no longer stand this



To my dad

I am sorry I have to do this

You said I should stand up to myself

I’m always on the ground broken and crying

I can no longer stand this



To my teacher

I am sorry I have to do this

You said nothing

I have felt even more alone

I can no longer stand this



To my church

I am sorry I have to do this

You damned me to hell

I already am in hell

I can no longer stand this



To my governor

I am sorry I have to do this

But you passed a law

Allowing people to hate me more

I can no longer stand this



To my friends

Or should I say my so called friends

Standing idly when they pounded my face

I never seen such cowardice

I can no longer stand this



To my bully

So you wanted me to die

I’m nothing more than dirt

I hope you like my blood on your hands

I can no longer stand this



To myself

I hate you

I can never understand why I am this way

I can never understand what I did

I can no longer stand this



Which shall I choose to end this

Maybe I can take the pills

But you’ll just pump them out

I would still suffer while you ignore me



Maybe I should hang myself

But I might botch it

I would still be beaten mercilessly

I will still suffer while you ignore me



Maybe I should stab myself

But that would take too long

You would still ignore my pain

I will still suffer while you ignore me



Maybe I should jump off the roof

It would be quick

So it is settled

I hope you’re listening

I hope you’ll notice my pain







(Maybe it’s time we stop treating bullying as if it’s just something to live with. Enough is enough, stop ignoring their pain and stop the bullies. Too many blood have been spilled, too many people have blood on their hands, and too many voices have gone unheard)






No comments:

Post a Comment