Thursday, January 19, 2012

LGBT poetry 2


LGBT poetry 2





My heart (Love poem by bisexual man)



I love the moon for its tranquility

I love the sun for its warmth

How can one say it can’t be so

I know my own heart



His touch sends me shivers

His kiss is gentle as winter kiss

I fall into his arms

I know my own heart



Her touch makes me calm

Her kiss is sweet as autumn

I held her in my arms

I know my own heart



How can I love a man

If you are with a woman

How can I love a woman

If you are with a man

I know my own heart



It’s a feeling of freedom

Like running in the woods

Free of gender roles

Free of social expectations

I know my own heart



I do want to spend my life with one

It’s not traitorous to love a woman

It’s not wrong to love a man

I just want one to love me as well

I know my own heart







If I could change myself (Poem)



If I could change myself

I would make myself skinny

I would not gain any fat

I could eat as much as I want

But alas, I cannot change that



If I could change myself

I would make myself handsome

I would be admired

I would not hate my look

But alas, I’m average looking



If I could change myself

I would be a girl

I would like to feel the same

So I can understand thoroughly

But alas I’m a boy



If I could change myself

I would be straight

For it is considered ‘normal’

So I wouldn’t be hated

But alas, I’m bisexual



If I could change myself

I would be gay

I like men and I feel happy

Though I do understand the hate

For I am bisexual



If I could change myself

I would not have cleft palate

I would not have cleft lip

I would not be deaf

But alas, I am stuck with it



If I could change myself

I would be black, maybe Asian

Maybe I’ll be a Mexican

Maybe I’ll be Middle Eastern

Maybe I’ll be an Indian

But alas, I’m Caucasian



If I could change myself

I would have Swedish blood

Maybe Japanese blood

Maybe I’ll have Canadian blood

But I have French, German, English, and Irish in me

I cannot change my bloodline.



If I can change myself

I would be completely different

I would not be myself anymore

I would be like a shape-shifter

But I don’t want to change

I would feel even lonelier



If I could change myself

I would not change it

I would embrace it.

If we change ourselves

We would only hate ourselves



I accept myself as I am

I will not change for anybody

I may not like the bad

But we all have that too

No one is perfect



Let us accept ourselves

Let us not dwell in self hate

Let us not appease those who hates us

Let us stand up and be ourselves




No comments:

Post a Comment